This statement describes how we process your personal information. Please take the time to read it carefully. You have a number of rights in relation to your information including the right to object to processing of your personal information where that processing is carried on for our legitimate interests.
1. Who we are and how to contact us
Toyota Ireland, Killeen Road, Dublin 12 is the company responsible for your personal data known as “controller” under data protection law.
If you have any questions about this data protection statement, including any request to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 4190200.
2. The purpose and legal basis for processing your information.
We collect your information for a number of purposes and rely on a number of different legal bases to use your personal information.
We may collect your name, email address, telephone numbers and we may collect your information though our website or where you provide it to us, such as where you enter competitions with us, fill out forms or request a service from us.
Toyota Ireland may from time to time conduct competitions at an event or on the website. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes.
The personal data that you provide to us when you send a copy of your CV and cover letter to Toyota Ireland. We use this information to help you find employment or other work roles that might be suitable for you.
We may use your personal information to inform you about apprenticeships or careers within the motor industry, with your consent. We may communicate with you by phone, email, text or through other digital media. You can opt out of receiving this information communications at any time by contacting us at the details set out above.
We may also use your personal information to manage our everyday business needs, including accounting, sharing your information within our company group for administrative purposes, security and to prevent fraud. Where we do so we rely on our legitimate interest in the effective management of our business.
3. Your information and Third Parties
Third Party Service Providers: we may share your personal information with third party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf such as our accountants, IT service providers, printers, lawyers and other business advisors, and providers of security and administration services.
Any party at your request: we may disclose your personal information to a party with whom you specifically request us to communicate with.
The Toyota Network: We may share your personal information with employers within the Toyota Network where you have sent us a copy of your CV previously and informed SIMI that you are searching for employment within the motor industry.
An Garda Síochána, government bodies, or other government officials: we may share your personal information with an Gardaí, or other government bodies or agencies, where required to do so by law.
4. Storage Periods
We endeavour to keep your personal data for the minimum time necessary. However, we will retain your personal information when you have requested us to do so or for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We may hold your personal information by reference to the statute of limitations or for a longer period if we are legally required to do so.
5. Transfers outside the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area. These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances we take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law and to protect your personal information. In particular, for transfers of personal data, outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission we may rely on contractual protection approved by the European Commission.
6. Your Rights.
You have several rights under data protection law in relation to how we use your personal information. You have the right free of charge to;
1. check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information (you are also entitled to receive a copy of this information);
2. have any inaccurate personal data which we hold about you updated or corrected;
3. erase personal information we hold about you;
4. stop us from using your personal information in certain cases, including if you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or our use of your information is unlawful. If you exercise this right, we will store your personal information and will not carry out any other processing until the issue is resolved;
5. object to us using your personal information where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your information. We will stop using your personal information unless we can demonstrate an overriding legitimate grounds for the continued processing of this information;
6. receive certain aspects of your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to have that information transferred to you or another data controller; and
7. When we rely on your consent as the legal basis to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time
These rights are in some circumstances limited by data protection legislation. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the contact details contained in this form. We will endeavour to respond to your request within a month. If we are unable to deal with your request within a month we may extend this period by a further period of two months and we will explain why.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the Office of the Data Protection Commission. For further information please see www.dataprotection.ie
7. Contacting You
If you to wish to hear from us about apprenticeships and careers within the motor industry by way of email, phone, text or digital media please tick here:
You can withdraw the above consent at any time by contacting us at the contact details set out above or following any unsubscribe link in any email you receive from us.