- Since launch, over 12 million kilometres have been logged with the Toyota FaceItDown app in association with the Road Safety Authority (RSA) which equates to 3,799 trips around the whole of Ireland’s coastline!
- Running from April 23rd, National FaceItDown Awareness Week is calling on people to put their phones face down while driving to ensure safer driving.
- The Toyota FaceItDown app rewards drivers for putting their phone face down when driving, allowing them to redeem rewards such as a free hot drink at Topaz ReStore or €50 off FBD Car Insurance.
- During National FaceItDown Awareness Week, 23rd-27th April 2018, app users will earn double points for all journeys logged.
In an effort to promote safer driving on Ireland’s roads, Toyota Ireland and the RSA have today launched the National FaceItDown Awareness Week (April 23rd – 27th), which aims to remind people to put their phones face down while driving. Research shows that when using a hand-held mobile phone while driving, you’re four* times more likely to crash than someone who is not using a hand-held phone.
To reward those that place their phone down, anyone who downloads and uses the Toyota FaceItDown app while driving, can collect points via the app which they can redeem against rewards such as free hot drinks from Topaz ReStore and €50 off car insurance from FBD.
Toyota Ireland, in partnership with the RSA, launched the app last year and so far more than 12 million kilometers have been driven in Ireland using the app.
- 12,050,805 KMs have been driven using the app - which equates to 3,799 trips around Ireland’s entire coastline, or driving 302 times around the Earth, pole to pole!
- The app has been downloaded over 42,000 times
- 14,602 hot drinks have been redeemed - that’s more than 3,454 litres of drinks!