• Toyota wins the SAFETYBEST 2020 prize for the development and fitment of centre airbags in the new Yaris
• The new Yaris is designed to be the world’s safest compact car
• This award highlights Toyota’s commitment to making a tangible difference for Irish families
• The new Yaris is on the list of finalists for the `AUTOBEST 2021 –Best Buy Car of Europe` award.
• Early demand for the all new Yaris for 2021 is outstripping supply
The AUTOBEST jury-consisting of 31 members from major European automotive publications- has recognised Toyota for including this leading development in one of its smallest cars, the new Yaris, thereby continuing the democratisation of leading safety technology.
The new Yaris, based on the new GA-B platform, has been designed and developed with all the latest safety measures, including a strong and stiff body for best protecting the occupants. Designed to be the world’s safest compact car, the new Toyota Yaris is also to be equipped with SRS centre airbags. Fitted as standard, these deploy in the event of a side impact to help prevent the driver and front seat passenger colliding with each other.
The new Yaris is also equipped with the latest Toyota Safety Sense and is the first Toyota model to be fitted with the most advanced system. Standard features include Pre-Collision System (PCS) with a Pedestrian and Cyclist recognition function, Lane Departure Alert (LDA), radar based Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), including Lane Trace Assist; as well as Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, like Emergency Steering Assist and Intersection Assistance, a first for any Toyota model.