- First appearance of the all-new Toyota GR Supra at NAIAS in Detroit on January 14th 2019
- “Condensed Extreme” modern design that highlights power agility while also evoking the romance of classic styling from Toyota’s sports car heritage
- Two-seat cabin with perfectly driver-focused cockpit inspired by the feel and lay-out of single-seater race cars
- Classic sports car drivetrain featuring 340 DIN hp turbocharged straight-six engine with 500 Nm of torque and rear-wheel drive
- Short wheelbase and wide track achieve the 1.55 “golden ratio” for exceptional handling agility
- First customer deliveries from late summer 2019
- First global GR model produced by TOYOTA GAZOO Racing
The all-new Toyota GR Supra, the fifth generation of Toyota’s legendary sports car and the first global GR model to be produced by TOYOTA GAZOO Racing, makes its world debut on January 14th 2019 at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.
The new Toyota GR Supra has been conceived as a sports car in its purest form, with no compromise that would take from the enjoyment of the driving experience. Chief Engineer Tetsuya Tada has adhered to the classic form of a front-mounted, straight-six engine driving the rear wheels, building on the heritage of Toyota’s past Supra generations and original 2000GT sports car. Driving enthusiasts can look forward to an exhilarating blend of power, agility and precision handling, achieved thanks to the car’s combination of a short wheelbase and wide track, light weight, low centre of gravity and highly rigid body.
The 3.0-litre engine benefits from a twin-scroll turbocharger and produces 340 DIN hp and 500 Nm of torque. Coupled to an eight-speed automatic transmission, it is characterised by smooth and powerful acceleration, with large amounts of torque available across the full spectrum of engine speeds.
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing was instrumental in honing the new sportscar’s performance, working extensively on the famous Nürburgring Nordschleife and surrounding roads in Germany in order to achieve the most agile, stable and rewarding handling. Further extensive testing was carried out on roads around the world.
To be certain that the car delivered on its promise, Toyota President Akio Toyoda put it to the test at the Nürburgring in his role as a Master Driver before giving it the final green light. New Toyota GR Supra customer deliveries will start from late summer 2019.