Drivers will now receive discounts on parking at Q-Park locations nationwide while keeping their mobile phone face down while driving
• In association with the Road Safety Authority (RSA), Toyota’s FaceItDown app calls on people to put their phones face down while driving to ensure a safer journey
• Points accumulated for safer driving gives users rewards
• More than 22 million safer kilometres have been driven while using the Toyota FaceItDown app since August 2017 – this equates to 29 trips to the moon and back!
• Over the past 24 months 49,460 motorists have installed the app on their phone
• Over 36,000 rewards have been redeemed by users
• This shows the unique way how the app uses gamification to successfully change driving habits to create safer driving behaviours, to benefit all road users
• Toyota wants to reward new and current users by offering double points for all journeys logged between 13th August to 20th August
• Q-Park has come onboard as an official partner, offering discounts on parking at Q-Park locations, nationwide
• Other rewards include a free hot drink at Circle K stores or €50 off FBD Car Insurance
In an effort to make Ireland’s roads safer for everyone, Toyota Ireland and the RSA are reminding people to put their phones face down while driving. Research shows that when using a hand-held mobile phone while driving, you’re four* times more likely to crash than someone who is not using a hand-held phone.
As part of Toyota Ireland’s brand promise of being ‘Built for a Better World’, it developed the app with the aim of changing driver behaviour and improving road safety for everyone. Drivers of any car make or model can download the Toyota FaceItDown app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store for free.