Now in its 13th year, the Dream Car Art Contest reinforces Toyota’s commitment to being ‘Built for a Better World’ as entrants are encouraged to explore their most innovative ideas, letting their imaginations run free. The environment and sustainability were apparent themes as entrants submitted their interpretation of the dream car of the future.
Nine talented young artists were chosen, with three finalists in each category (Under 8 Years, 8-11 Years and 12-15 Years). The talented finalists in each category are as follows;
Under 8 Years
- 1st - May Skehan, (age 7) from Co. Clare with ‘Donut Dream’
- 2nd - Lanah Clarke, (age 5) from Co. Galway with ‘Flower Power The Bee Saver Car’
- 3rd - Junhao Yu, (age 6) from Co. Kildare with ‘Flying Car’
- 1st - Niki Nguyen, (age 11) from Co. Dublin with ‘Air n Solo Power Car’
- 2nd - Filip Negru, (age 9) from Co. Kerry with ‘Go Everywhere Toyota’
- 3rd - Rory McNamara, (age 8) from Co. Clare with ‘Up Up & Away Dream Car’
- 1st - Sofia Rós Nic An tSionnaigh, (age 14) from Co. Dublin with ‘The Supreme Fantastical’
- 2nd - Kaisín Manning, (age 12) from Co. Wicklow with ‘Cars on Mars’
- 3rd - Kiki Wei Yen, (age 12) from Co. Kildare with ‘Environmental Friendly Car’
Toyota Ireland’s judges were electrified by all the children’s innovative designs. Toyota believes that dreams can take people anywhere, and the creations this year were very much in line with the “Built for a Better World” promise.
Toyota Ireland’s judge was awed by the standard of this year’s entries, and the creations this year were very much in line with the ‘Built For A Better World’ brand promise.