6-Speed Manual Transmission
The 6-speed manual gearbox is available offering improved fuel efficiency and power performance through world top-level transmission efficiency and wide 6-speed gear range.
Low Fuel Consumption is achieved by incorporating the following:
- Wide 6-speed gear range.
- Low viscosity lubricant is adopted to reduce lubricant agitation resistance.
- Low resistance bearings are adopted, and resin materials are utilised to the contact surface of the shift fork and sleeve to reduce slide resistance.
The following items are adopted to improve gear shifting accuracy and smoothness, and to reduce the amount of shifting force required.
- A highly efficient shift layout is adopted to improve shifting smoothness and to reduce the amount of shifting force required.
- A triple cone synchronizer is adopted for 1st and 2nd gears, and a synchronizer system with 2-step chamfer is adopted for the 3rd and 4th gear shifting sleeve, achieving smooth shifting and highly stable shift performance.
- A reverse pre-synchronizing mechanism is adopted to utilize the synchronizers when in reverse and eliminate the uncomfortable gear shift noise when shifting into reverse.
A top-class level in quietness is achieved through the latest technology in new CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) and gear teeth analysis.
CSC (Concentric Slave Cylinder) design is used for the hydraulic pressure clutch system which gives an excellent clutch control feeling and an improved light weight design.